HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HELP NOW FUND
DISCLAIMER: The Help Now Fund is now requiring applicants to supply the first two pages of the most recent tax return in order to expedite the grant review process and comply with ever changing Federal Tax Auditing guidelines.
HELP NOW FUND FAQ
Please select the dropdown topic to view more information regarding Help Now Fund topics.
The Help Now Fund is a program offered to breast cancer patients whom are currently in active treatment, providing financial assistance for certain living expenses. Grants range in values of up to $1,000 based on the availability of funds AND the needs of the applicant. Although applicants are eligible for up to $1,000, FUNDS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
The Help Now Fund provides assistance with the following:
-Rent or Mortgage Payments
-Utility Bills (Electricity, Water, and/or Gas for the home)
-Cell Phone Bills
The Help Now Fund does not assist with transportation costs, food assistance, cable/internet bills, medical bills, or car insurance premiums.
The Help Now Fund is unable to assist with any bills that have already gone to collections, are currently in the process of foreclosure, filed in court for eviction, or have a past due balance exceeding $1,500
To qualify for the Help Now Fund the applicant must be in active treatment for breast cancer. This is limited to:
- Recent Diagnosis
- Mastectomy within 30 days of the application period
- Reconstruction within 30 days of the application period
Note: Hormone and maintenance therapy treatment is not considered “active” treatment as deemed by The Breast Cancer Charities of America”
Application are accepted on a monthly basis between the 1st and 5th. Only completed applications submitted on www.iGoPink.org will be considered for funding. Application and/or portions of applications will NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FAX, MAIL, or EMAIL. To apply visit https://thebreastcancercharities.org/help-now-fund-application/
- A copy of a current U.S. issued photo identification card
- A letter of treatment from a medical professional, verifying the patient’s diagnosis and most up to date treatment plan. All letters must be on a professional letterhead, signed and dated within 90 days of the application period. Diagnostic reports, lab results, appointment schedules, etc. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please click here for an example of what your medical letter should look like
- The first two pages of your most recent tax return document. This will expedite the grant review process and comply with ever-changing Federal Tax Auditing guidelines.
- Recent copies of ALL bills you wish to be considered for payment. Bills must show your name, or the name of your spouse, your current address, account number, current balance due, and address to which payments are sent. Bills submitted must be dated within 90 days of application period.
*IF YOU ARE RENTING, an up to date copy of your lease/rental agreement, including the name and complete mailing address of the person or agency to which payments can be sent must be submitted. Payments towards rent will not be considered if you do not have a valid lease/rental agreement OR your agreement is outdated.
Upon submission, you will receive an automatic submission receipt to the personal email listed on your application. If you do not receive an email it means your application was not successfully submitted and you will need to resubmit an application before the 5th. Please be sure to check your junk and spam folders when looking for submission receipt.
-All applicants will be notified of the final status of their application no later than the 15th of each month.
-All applicants selected for funding will be notified via phone call.
-All applicants NOT selected for funding will be notified via email.
To avoid any delays, status of applications will not be released during the reviewal process.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for funding each month so long as they have not reached the $1,000 limit. If an applicant has already received $1,000 from our organization we ask that you do not apply until the following calendar year.
The applicant may split funding between multiple utility bills and rent as long as documentation is provided and does not exceed $1,000.
For more information on the Help Now Fund as well as other programs at the Breast Cancer Charities of America you may call (936) 231-8460 or email HelpNow@iGoPink.org.