HELP NOW FUND QUARTERLY GRANT FAQ’s
Please select the dropdown topic to review all information regarding the past guidelines of the Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant and the application process.
The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant is a past program offered to breast cancer patients who are currently in active treatment, providing financial assistance for certain living expenses. Grants range in values of up to $5,000 based on the availability of funds AND the needs of the applicant. Although applicants are eligible for up to $5,000, FUNDS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant is NOT an emergency financial assistance program and cannot provide immediate financial aid. All funding decisions will be made during open application periods within 45 days from the close of the application period.
The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant provides assistance with the following:
- Rent or Mortgage Payments
- Utility Bills (Electricity, Water, and/or Gas for the home)
- Cell Phone Bills
- Car Payments
The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant does not assist with transportation costs, food assistance, cable/internet bills, medical bills, or car insurance premiums.
The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant is unable to assist with any bills that have already gone to collections, are currently in the process of foreclosure, or filed in court for eviction.
To qualify for the Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant the applicant must be in active treatment for breast cancer. This is limited to:
- Recent Diagnosis
- Mastectomy within 30 days of the application period
- Reconstruction within 30 days of the application period
Note: Hormone and maintenance therapy treatment is not considered “active” treatment as deemed by The Breast Cancer Charities of America
Applications are not currently being accepted.
Only completed applications submitted will be considered for funding. Applications submitted outside of the open applications periods will NOT be accepted. The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant does NOT accept applications or any documents supporting your applications via mail, email, or fax.
- A copy of a current U.S. issued photo identification card
- A letter of treatment from a medical professional, verifying the patient’s diagnosis and most up to date treatment plan. All letters must be on a professional letterhead, signed and dated within 90 days of the application period.
- Diagnostic reports, lab results, appointment schedules, etc. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please click here for an example of what your medical letter should look like.
- The first two pages of your most recent tax return document OR your SSI/Disability benefits verification letter. This will expedite the grant review process and comply with ever-changing Federal Tax Auditing guidelines.
- Recent copies of ALL bills you wish to be considered for payment. Bills must show your name, or the name of your spouse, your current address, account number, current balance due, and address to which payments are sent. Bills submitted must be dated within 90 days of the application period.
- To ensure efficiency of funding, all applicants are required to complete both the Medical and Billing Release forms.
*IF YOU ARE RENTING, an up to date copy of your lease/rental agreement, including the name and complete mailing address of the person or agency to which payments can be sent must be submitted. Payments towards rent will not be considered if you do not have a valid lease/rental agreement OR your agreement is outdated.
*The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant is unable to consider any bills that have already gone to collections, or are currently in the process of foreclosure, or filed in court for eviction.
Upon submission, you will receive an automatic submission receipt to the personal email listed on your application. If you do not receive an email it means your application was not successfully submitted and you will need to resubmit an application before the close of the application period. Please be sure to check your junk and spam folders when looking for submission receipt.
- All applicants will be notified of the final status of their application within 45 days from the close of the application period.
- All applicants selected for funding will be notified via phone call.
- All applicants NOT selected for funding will be notified via email.
To avoid any delays, status of applications will not be released during the reviewal process.
Once an applicant has received funding within the calendar year, they are no longer eligible to receive further funding from the Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant, even if they did not receive the full $5,000 grant. An applicant who has received funding, can re-apply in the next calendar year.
If selected for funding, the applicant may split funding between multiple, eligible bills. Please note the committee determines bill pay amounts and what bills are paid based on all the information within the application.
The Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant offered past financial assistance grants to active breast cancer patients for essential living expenses. The program is not currently accepting applications. Please review the following helpful tips and check back for program updates:
- Review all the FAQs and requirements before beginning the application
- Have all required documents scanned and ready to upload
- Provide the medical release form to your healthcare provider
- Provide the billing release form to your billing company and/or landlord
- Read and follow all instructions carefully
- Be thorough in all responses and help us better understand your journey with breast cancer
For more information regarding the Help Now Fund Quarterly Grant as well as other programs at The Breast cancer Charities of America, you may call (936) 231-8460 or email email@example.com