If you love to cook or even like it a little bit, you’ve probably heard the rant and raving about air fryers. Well if you haven’t tried it yet, it’s totally worth it! The air fryer is an easy modern cooking tool that allows you to cook all your favorite foods and making them much healthier than the deep fryer since it doesn’t use any oil at all! So, if you’re looking to spice things up in the kitchen or test out the air fryer method for the first time, here are 6 healthy and delicious recipes you can make with your air fryer.
Recipe courtesy of Skinnytast
This one is absolutely delicious and who knew you could cook such a delicate fish in the air fryer? This delicious air fryer recipe will easily become a weekly staple in your house.
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 4 wild salmon fillets, skinless
- Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic in small bowl. Pour into a gallon Ziploc bag and add the salmon.
- Let salmon marinate 20-30 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400F. Light spray the basket with choice of nonstick spray.
- Remove salmon from marinade, reserving and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place salmon fillets in air fryer, in batches, air fry 7-8 minutes, or longer depending on thickness.
- Pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce marinade until it thickens into a glaze. Spoon over salmon once cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Skinnytaste
What?! Burgers in an air fryer? I know, it doesn’t seem right. But these are the BEST turkey burgers ever. They come out so juicy and with such a good flavor. Try this healthy alternative to a regular burger and you’ll never go back!
- 6 oz grated zucchini
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp grated red onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Oil spray
- Squeeze all the moisture from zucchini with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Form mixture to make 5 equal patties, not too thick so they cook in the center.
- Preheat air fryer to 370F.
- Cook patties in single layer batches for 10 minutes, turning halfway until browned and cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Courtney’s Sweets
Baking a sweet potato or any potato can take a long time for the perfect consistency. But with the air fryer you can cut the time down significantly and still achieve a delicious and soft potato. The skin even comes out a little crispy making for a delicious meal!
- 3 sweet potatoes, whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt
- Wash your sweet potatoes and then create holes around the potatoes with a fork.
- Sprinkle potatoes with olive oil and salt, then rub till evenly coated.
- Preheat air fryer at 390F
- Cook potatoes for 35-40 minutes or until tender.