Chemo, radiation and surgery are today’s primary treatments in the battle against breast cancer. While these options are ideal for destroying cancer, they also damage and destroy good cells as well. These treatments can have a HUGE effect on your on your appetite.
Unfortunately, there is no food or food group that causes or cures breast cancer, BUT maintaining a healthy weight, exercising and eating right can play a huge part in the fight against cancer and help to prevent a recurrence.
Eating healthy is not only good for the body, but it is also very good for your mind and spirit. When your body feels good, it leads to a clear mind and a positive disposition, which in turn, circles back to the way your body reacts.
It is very important during these tough times to make sure that you are giving your body the nutrients it needs in the days leading up to, during and even after treatments.
Try this very simple, healthy and amazingly tasty dish from Pink Ribbon Cooking!
Thai Garlic & Pepper Chicken
- 1-pound chicken breast, sliced thinly across the breast
- ½ cup garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, canola oil or peanut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet, set over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Add the garlic, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn. When slightly golden brown, add the chicken. Cook until slightly golden brown, stirring every so often.
- When the chicken is cooked all the way through, add the brown sugar, fish sauce, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Cook for another minute or two. If the pan gets too dry add some water, a tablespoon at a time until the liquid lightly coats the chicken.
- Serve over steamed jasmine rice and garnish with the fresh cilantro leaves and a lime wedge or two (optional).