Who says you can’t enjoy St. Patty’s Day while being health conscious? It’s important to keep an eye on your sugar and calories intake as it plays a role in reducing your risk of breast cancer; however, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy an emerald green treat.
Don’t miss out on the green-themed fun because you are worried about the extra calories. Instead of opting for the sugar overload that comes with the green milkshakes and donuts, you could try on of these 5 green smoothie recipes to get you through St. Patty’s Day!
Have all of your friends green with envy with this avocado, pineapple, and ginger based vegan smoothie!
Recipe courtesy of Bree’s Vegan Life
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (powder)
- Add water and spinach to blender and blend
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
A healthy twist on a classic favorite! Look no further for all of your peaches and cream desires.
Recipe courtesy of Hayley Frerichs
- 2 cups of sliced peaches
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk
- Add ingredients to blender and blend
If you’re on the Keto diet and looking for a smoothie that fits into your net carbs, look no further! This refreshing mint and kale smoothie is the one for you.
Recipe courtesy of Sugar Free Londoner
- Handful of kale
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- ½ avocado
- ¼ fennel or 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp protein powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Scoop the avocado flesh out and place all ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth
- Adjust thickness by adding more almond milk if desired
A light and refreshing take on the classic vegan green smoothie!
Recipe courtesy of Simple Green Smoothies, Jen Hansard
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¾ cup water
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup mango
- ¼ cup pineapple
- ½ banana
- Blend spinach, water, and oranges together until smooth
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again
This healthy, nutrient-packed smoothie is the perfect way to kick off your St. Patty’s Day celebration!
Recipe courtesy of Dishing Delish
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup plain fat free yogurt (use vanilla flavor for a sweeter smoothie)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Serve cold