HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HELP NOW FUND
HELP NOW FUND FAQ
The Help Now Fund is a program for breast cancer patients, providing emergency financial assistance. Grants range in values of up to $1,000 based on the availability of funds AND the needs of the applicant.
The Help Now Fund assists with utility bill payments (gas, water, and electricity) and mortgage/rent. Help Now Fund does not assist with telephone bills, transportation costs, or groceries.
To qualify for Help Now Fund the applicant must be in active treatment for breast cancer this includes:
- Have had or will have a mastectomy within 30 days
- Reconstruction post-mastectomy
Note: This does not limit those who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and are not yet seeking or receiving treatment.
Applications are only accepted via online submissions. The application process opens on the 1st of each month and closes on the 5th. To apply visit
The application will request contact information for the applicant as well as for their listed medical professional. The applicant must also provide the following via file upload:
- A copy of a government issued photo identification card
- A recent copy (within 90 days) of a letter confirming treatment or diagnosis from a medical professional *Note: The letter must be on professional letterhead and include the medical professional’s signature
- A recent copy (within 90 days) of a utility bill and/or mortgage statement and/or the first and last page of the lease agreement *Note: If a lease has been renewed BCCA will need proof of a lease renewal
- Completed release forms provided to your doctor’s office and utility or mortgage company and or landlord. You can find the following form here: [Required Release Forms]
All applicants will be notified no later than the 15th of the month. Applicants who have been selected for funding will receive a phone call directly from BCCA.
Once selected for funding, the applicant will receive a phone call confirming they are awarded the grant from Breast Cancer Charities of America. Breast Cancer Charities of America will then pay directly to the utility company/leasing office/landlord/mortgage holder, by either online payment, phone payment, or via check made out directly to the landlord or company.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for funding each month so long as they have not reached the $1,000 limit. If an applicant has already received $1,000 from our organization we ask that you do not apply until the following calendar year.
The applicant may split funding between multiple utility bills and rent as long as documentation is provided and does not exceed $1,000.
For more information on the Help Now Fund as well as other programs at the Breast Cancer Charities of America you may call (936) 231-8460 or email HelpNow@iGoPink.org.
- Application is incomplete
- BCCA could not confirm treatment with medical professional
- BCCA could not confirm utility bill and/or residency with leasing office/landlord/mortgage holder
- The applicant does not meet the requirements for receiving assistance from the Help Now Fund
- BCCA had more applicants than funds raised for the program for the month
- For more information regarding reasons of not being selected for funding please view our Common Reasons for Not Being Funded document