HOW TO APPLY FOR THE HELP NOW FUND
DISCLAIMER: The Help Now Fund is now requiring applicants to supply the first two pages of the most recent tax return in order to expedite the grant review process and comply with ever changing Federal Tax Auditing guidelines.
HELP NOW FUND FAQ
Please select the dropdown topic to view more information regarding Help Now Fund topics.
The Help Now Fund is a program for current breast cancer patients, providing financial assistance for certain living expenses. Grants range in values of up to $1,000 based on the availability of funds AND the needs of the applicant. Although applicants are eligible for up to $1,000, FUNDS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
The Help Now Fund assists with rent or mortgage payments, utility bills (electricity, water, and/or gas), cell phone bills and car payments. The Help Now Fund does not assist with transportation costs, food assistance, and cable/internet bills.
To qualify for the Help Now Fund the applicant must be in active treatment for breast cancer. This is limited to:
- Recent Diagnosis
- Mastectomy within 30 days of the application period
- Reconstruction within 30 days of the application period
Note: Hormone and maintenance therapy treatment is not considered “active” treatment as deemed by The Breast Cancer Charities of America”
Application are accepted on a monthly basis between the 1st and 5th. Only completed applications submitted on www.iGoPink.org will be considered for funding. Application and/or portions of applications will NOT BE ACCEPTED VIA FAX, MAIL, or EMAIL. To apply visit http://thebreastcancercharities.org/help-now-fund-application/
- A copy of a current U.S. issued photo identification card
- A medical letter on letterhead, verifying the patient’s diagnosis and treatment plan. All letters must be signed and dated within 90 days of the application period. The letter must come from one of the following: oncologist, social worker, nurse, or patient advocate. Diagnostic reports, lab results, appointment schedules, etc. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- The first two pages of your most recent tax return document. This will expedite the grant review process and comply with ever changing Federal Tax Auditing guidelines.
- Recent copies of bills, lease, and/or statements for which the patient is asking for assistance. Bills must be dated within 90 days and include the patient’s mailing address, account number, and billing company information.
- Both Medical and Billing release forms completed and provided to the patient’s medical office and billing companies. DO NOT INCLUDE THE RELEASE FORMS ON THE APPLICATION, IF NOT SUBMITTED TO THE PROPER PARTY THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE. The documents can be found here: [Required Release Forms]
All applicants will be notified no later than the 15th of the month. Applicants who have been selected for funding will receive a phone call directly from BCCA.
Once selected for funding, the applicant will receive a phone call confirming they have been awarded the grant. The Breast Cancer Charities of America will pay directly to the utility company/leasing office/mortgage holder/etc., by either online payment, phone payment, or check made out directly to the billing company. Applicants will not receive a check in their name.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for funding each month so long as they have not reached the $1,000 limit. If an applicant has already received $1,000 from our organization we ask that you do not apply until the following calendar year.
The applicant may split funding between multiple utility bills and rent as long as documentation is provided and does not exceed $1,000.
For more information on the Help Now Fund as well as other programs at the Breast Cancer Charities of America you may call (936) 231-8460 or email HelpNow@iGoPink.org.
- Application is incomplete
- BCCA could not confirm treatment with medical professional
- BCCA could not confirm utility bill and/or residency with leasing office/landlord/mortgage holder
- The applicant does not meet the requirements for receiving assistance from the Help Now Fund
- BCCA had more applicants than funds raised for the program for the month
- For more information regarding reasons of not being selected for funding please view our Common Reasons for Not Being Funded document